NASA’s asteroid impact mission is region to originate, and you might well maybe likely look for the tournament and loads of different science briefings dwell.
The Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) is scheduled to originate no earlier than 1: 20 a.m. EST (0620 GMT) on Wednesday, Nov. 24 on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg House Power Terrifying in California.
Live originate protection will hasten on NASA Television, NASA’s YouTube, the NASA app and agency social media channels starting at 12: 30 a.m. EST (0530 GMT). You are going to be ready to search spherical for the overall events on this page and House.com’s homepage, courtesy of NASA.
Earlier than and in some unspecified time in the future of the mission, NASA has loads of activities for the final public to take hold of segment. Individuals of the final public can register to when it comes to again the originate to entry sources, look for movies and get a digital guest originate passport value.
The agency can have a digital NASA Social on Fb, where you might well maybe likely interact with NASA and DART workforce contributors and look for the originate. It’s seemingly you’ll maybe maybe likely additionally take hold of segment in a temporary Planetary Defenders advertising campaign, where you might well maybe likely respond inquiries to form a “planetary defender” certificates.
Moreover, you might well maybe likely educate the mission on social media the use of the hashtag #DARTMission. On Twitter, sprint to @NASA, @AsteroidWatch, @NASASocial and @NASA_LSP. On Fb, sprint to NASA’s page right here and NASA LSP. On Instagram, sprint to NASA’s page right here.
NASA additionally has a series of dwell briefings that the final public can look for and quiz questions about on social media. Beneath is a catalogue of the briefings, their contributors and public engagement opportunities.
Solar., Nov. 21: DART asteroid mission engineering briefing
4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT) – DART investigation and engineering briefing on NASA TV with the following contributors. The public might well maybe also quiz questions about social media the use of #AskNASA.
- Lori Glaze, director of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate’s Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Tom Statler, DART program scientist, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate’s Planetary Science Division, NASA Headquarters
- Andy Rivkin, DART investigation workforce lead, Johns Hopkins Utilized Physics Laboratory
- Betsy Congdon, DART mechanical methods engineer, Johns Hopkins Utilized Physics Laboratory
- Simone Pirrotta, Gentle Italian Cubesat for Imaging of Asteroids (LICIACube) mission supervisor, Italian House Agency
Mon., Nov. 22: DART asteroid mission pre-originate briefing
7 p.m. EST (1200 GMT Tuesday, Nov. 23) – DART prelaunch recordsdata conference on NASA TV with the following contributors. The public might well maybe also quiz questions about social media the use of #AskNASA.
- Thomas Zurbuchen, affiliate administrator, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
- Lindley Johnson, planetary defense officer, NASA’s Planetary Protection Coordination Status of job, NASA Headquarters
- Ed Reynolds, DART mission supervisor, Johns Hopkins Utilized Physics Laboratory
- Omar Baez, senior originate director, Open Companies Program, NASA’s Kennedy House Heart in Florida
- Julianna Scheiman, director for civil satellite missions, SpaceX
- Capt. Maximillian Flee, climate officer, House Open Delta 30, Vandenberg House Power Terrifying
Tues., Nov. 23: DART asteroid mission Science Live
4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT) – NASA Science Live, with the following contributors. This tournament will movement dwell on the agency’s Fb, Twitter and YouTube channels. Individuals of the final public can take hold of half dwell by submitting questions within the comment portion of the streams, or by the use of #AskNASA.
- Lori Glaze, director of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate’s Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters
- Nancy Chabot, DART coordination lead, John Hopkins University Utilized Physics Laboratory
- Joshua Ramirez Rodriguez, telecommunications subsystem integration and check lead engineer, Johns Hopkins Utilized Physics Laboratory
Wed., Nov. 24: DART asteroid mission originate day
12: 30 a.m. EST (0530 GMT) – NASA TV’s dwell originate protection begins.
1: 20 a.m. EST (10: 20 p.m. PST on Nov. 23/0620 GMT) – Liftoff of the DART asteroid mission.
House.com will carry each and every of these dwell events on our homepage. Be half of us Wednesday for the DART asteroid mission originate.
Be half of our House Forums to maintain talking home on the most traditional missions, night sky and extra! And whilst you have a recordsdata tip, correction or comment, let us know at: email@example.com.
Elizabeth Howell is a contributing creator for House.com who is one amongst the few Canadian journalists to chronicle repeatedly on home exploration. She is the creator or co-creator of loads of books on home exploration. Elizabeth holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Dakota in House Experiences, and an M.Sc. from the identical division. She additionally holds a bachelor of journalism diploma from Carleton University in Canada, where she began her home-writing occupation in 2004. Moreover writing, Elizabeth teaches communications on the university and neighborhood college level, and for government coaching colleges. To peer her most traditional initiatives, educate Elizabeth on Twitter at @howellspace.