The Seahawks’ offensive nightmare continues.
The abominable portion is it’s dazzling worthy the same ingredient a week. Unfortunately, Russell Wilson hasn’t been in a position to swap it in his return from injured reserve. The Seahawks continue to have the same offensive errors a week, and they’ll’t catch out of the abominable pattern they’re following.
Right here are the main complications.
• Third down conversions. The Seahawks are changing handiest 32.4% of their third downs. Take into memoir it – the Seahawks are 10 weeks into their season and they’re changing apt somewhat over three third downs per sport. That’s about as abominable as you could well catch, and it’s no longer getting greater.
• Giving up sacks on third down. Pass blockading hasn’t been most challenging in smartly-liked on third down. It’s resulted in Wilson either being sacked, making an strive to power a short throw or apt throwing the ball away. Staring at Sunday’s 23-13 loss to Arizona, the Seahawks appeared contend with an offense that doesn’t have any self belief when it will get to third down. This must be mounted and the pass blockading desires to recover. Wilson became once sacked four times Sunday.
• The dearth of offensive plays. Resulting from of the complications on third down, the Seahawks’ offense isn’t staying on the sphere. Seattle’s averaged has dropped to 55 offensive plays a sport, and opponents are getting twice the possession time with the soccer when in contrast with the Seahawks.
• The protection is getting outmoded down. In 10 games, the Seahawks’ protection has been on the sphere for 72.8 plays a sport. That’s 17.8 plays extra than the offense. Being on the sphere so worthy is why they wear down in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks have had fourth quarter magic with Wilson, but no longer this year. They’ve been outscored 78-50 in the fourth quarter.
• Injuries reduction mounting. Issues catch even dicier thanks to injuries. The Seahawks didn’t have their handiest cornerback Sunday as D.J. Reed missed the sport with a groin damage. Then rookie cornerback Tre Brown injured his patellar tendon, and he could maybe omit important time if no longer omit the leisure of the season.
Seattle’s complications mark even worse for the reason that protection has continued to make stronger even though it’s giving up relatively a pair of yards (401.8 yards per sport). The Seahawks’ components allowed moderate (20.9 per sport) has been gleaming.
At 3-7, the Seahawks are in broad danger of no longer making a playoff accelerate. Sunday’s Cardinals’ sport became once a must-grasp, and no longer handiest did they lose, but it indubitably could be that worthy more difficult to drag out a victory in Arizona in Week 18. The Seahawks are running out of time and their margin of error for the leisure of the season is razor skinny.
Pete Carroll is pissed off. He walked a long way flung from the podium seven minutes into his postgame press conference. Being the class act he is, he did return for the local press about 20 minutes later and accomplished answering questions.
What the Seahawks are going by map of is a vicious cycle, and the divulge isn’t changing.