They did it, but it wasn’t precisely champagne football. Tottenham Hotspur performed their first home league match under Antonio Conte in opposition to a Leeds aspect missing a couple of key contributors. It wasn’t stunning — Spurs performed a dour opening 45 minutes and went all of the manner down to a truly correct Daniel James goal, but roared back within the 2nd half. Spurs purchased dreams from Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Sergio Reguilon (his first goal for Spurs), and Tottenham held on for a 2-1 get.
Test out the match thread for a blow-by-blow myth, but here are a couple of of my match reactions.
- The first half became as soon as factual grim. Spurs let Leeds contain attain too worthy of the ball and appeared take care of they’d no belief what they had been supposed to attain.
- Lucas Moura had every other Jekyll/Hyde performance, dribbling into cul-de-sacs within the foremost half but moreover having some if truth be told good moments specifically within the 2nd half. Same with Reguilon, who if truth be told didn’t play successfully in any admire nowadays, killing a series of potentialities, but became as soon as within the true blueprint at the true time to faucet within the rebound after Dier’s free kick went off the publish.
- Let’s be fair — Spurs had been putrid within the foremost half but Leeds’ goal became as soon as a terribly correct one. Royal purchased smoked, the harmful became as soon as pinpoint correct, and Daniel James accomplished successfully.
- Harry Winks needs to be a important coach, because of that’s potentially the most straightforward reason I will judge that contemporary managers retain giving him begins. Extraordinarily unimpressed with him nowadays — quite lots of giveaways in midfield, positionally absent, and in overall all the pieces we’ve complaining about for the previous two seasons. The article that he did perfect within the 2nd half became as soon as fetch out of the attain (though in equity he did contain a couple of correct forward passes and improved with the comfort of the crew).
- Within the Slack it became as soon as necessary that Kane’s wonderful passing from deep is neat, but likely the symptom of an self-discipline, mainly that Spurs’ midfield isn’t generating anything else on its hold precipitating Harry to fall deep to fetch issues happen. Kane moreover screwed up a couple of counters nowadays, failing to fetch an correct, or the true pass to retain the ball transferring. That talked about, he moreover had four shots, which is greater.
- It’s laborious to pinpoint what Conte changed tactically at halftime, but Spurs got here out if truth be told attempting greater at the originate of the 2nd. Perhaps he factual broke out the hairdryer? Whatever it became as soon as, it appeared take care of Spurs had a fireplace under their butts.
- The article I cherished the finest about Spurs’ 2nd goal became as soon as that Harry Kane became as soon as now not allowed to seize the free kick.
- True to take a examine Ryan Sessegnon back available within the market. He became as soon as positionally stable, if truth be told marking Dallas successfully, and had a couple of correct moments pushing forward. I’m if truth be told, if truth be told pulling for him to attain successfully now that he’s back from damage — we need every other risk at LWB.
- DELE HAS PINK HAIR!!!
- Pleased with the play of Royal, Dier, Son, and specifically Hugo who did successfully and made some correct stops.